Wednesday, February 11, 2015

identity crisis

Date of Rehearsal: 02/07/15
Orchestra: Chamber
Repertoire Rehearsed: King and Weber

So I am liking "the unison" as our name a lot! We can spell it "the UNIZON" to be cool.
But I was just thinking, the reason why something didn't quite agree with me when calling our group "Chamber" is because it is like calling an orchestra, "Orchestra". So I had only been looking at the word just as an adjective, and always felt so incomplete.

But I just realized, if I thought of the word "Chamber" as our actual name of the group, as my own name is Leo, I'm kind of ok with it :)

This thought was inspired by Anabelle's brilliant suggestion.

We are Chamber. I kind of like it, hahaha!

We should keep brain-storming for now though.


So we went over how to form harmonic "pads". This makes the song sound richer and more dynamic.
And started "arranging" the song. I really like our little "triangle" effect. I think it works quite well. An arco harmonic A and a pizzicato E.... Hmm, next time we should reverse it to see what that sounds like.

I was hoping to get the arrangement of "America" done this week, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen, so we will continue our work with Stand by Me and Phantom this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment