Tuesday, October 1, 2013

beautiful day took the flats away

(sorry, I had an unexpected last-minute birthday party I had to attend to... can't seem to keep my words...)

Date: 09/28/13
Orchestra: chamber
Attendance: very good
Repertoire rehearsed: same two pieces
Little things I noticed: It was so gorgeous out today, so I took my cello out to a photo shoot before the rehearsal :)
 
Note:
Ok, so I really want you to blossom with your FULL potential. And I feel like those stupid flats are getting in the way. So I decided to change the key of the Bulgarian piece by lowering it by one half step. Now you have ONE sharp to deal with instead of four flats. This should make your lives a bit easier. Although now the clarinet part has three sharps, as opposed to two flats it had before (not sure which is better or worse...). But now that your lives are easier (at least for the most of you), you know what that means, right? NO MORE EXCUSES! :)

The music is easy, really... I expect you to be fairly proficient with this by the next rehearsal.

With the Haydn, please continue imitating the recording I sent you. REALLY listen carefully to their sounds. What kind of sounds are they producing?  Soft, loud, articulated smooth, thick, thin, heavy, light, serious, comical, sad, happy??? Try to do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment