Sunday, October 27, 2013

halloween cheers...

Date: 10/24/13
Orchestra: CYO
Attendance: good
Repertoire Rehearsed: Faure and Brahms
Little things I noticed: so quiet without SYO...
note:
Wow, it seems like the sectionals last week went really well! You guys sound like a different orchestra now. And thanks to Mr. Lin and Mr. Luckenbil, who led the sectionals!

The Faure sounds much smoother, as if it's starting to get easier now. I bet you it is for most of you. You all seem to understand the music well now too, which is excellent. I'm starting to get some really nice textures.

There may have been a few note issues with the score and some of the parts, but I'll have everything sorted out by next week.

Please remember that slow 4/4 doesn't mean you don't need to think about rhythm. Rhythm must be accurate slow OR fast, which makes slow music much more rhythmically difficult (because of larger margin of error), which means that you actually must concentrate EXTRA HARD in slow music. :)

I was quite impressed with how well you stayed together through all the different tempi (plural of "tempo", I think. Am I right?) of the different sections of the Brahms! And those little crescendos were great! I think this one will be quite good. I'm excited.

To first violins - look at those 16th notes again. Those need to sound happy, but if you are struggling with them, they will not come out happy. They might come out like something fitting for the holiday...

Have a wonderful Halloween everyone! Go easy on the candies.

No comments:

Post a Comment