Thursday, April 3, 2014

WebMD and war

Date: 03/29/14
Orchestra: Chamber

So I was finally able to get my hand looked at by a doctor yesterday. It was great that I found a clinic a block away from where I live. I showed up at 10:30 for a 10:45 appointment, but of course, I don't get the honor of seeing the doctor until after noon. It is as if I was waiting for the audience of a great king. I kept wondering why it had to be a 10:45 appointment, but I could not find the answer, other than letting the patients be "patient" and make it seem that they are busier (hence more important? ) than us.

My great nobel king looked at my hand and my body carefully enough, but then turned around and went on google... Of course, he had much more expertised knowledge than I had on that matter, so he was looking something specific up, and was very good at finding what it was that we needed to know than I had been in the past three weeks or so... but still..., I couldn't help but to be slightly disappointed...

I was hoping my mighty king would have asked me questions until I had no ear, and utter some strange words of knowledge to answer my answers I provided and give me some magical potions... I mean I felt like I waited enough to be treated that way...

I mean he wasn't mean or anything, and was very helpful, and gave me something useful. Just a bit plastic. And of course I was once again treated like the 156th peasant that came asking for a piece of bread at the pharmacy. And they would tell you anything, a complete lie and utter random nonsenses just to get rid of you if you dare ask them a question.

Anyway, in the end I got what I wanted, and I think it is already working quite well. But their attitude is making me hard to appreciate them from the bottom of my heart.

I guess I learned that, a human being is appreciated by not what they provide, but by how.

Anyway, I kept thinking back at our chamber rehearsal when we started it off with a conversation about WebMD, and war (at least my mighty king did not go onto webmd and diagnose it as cancer...)

And war of course can only happen when there is a complete lack of respect and appreciation. Hard to be sincere when you are so busy, but one must always try his/her best, because hate can spread rather quickly.

A rehearsal that starts off with random conversation topics are my favorite kind :)

So the Bach is already coming along, but obviously we just started it, so we have much much more work to do, namely crafting it for dynamic effects, chiseling out technical imperfections, and shaping it like a sculpture. And once we have the shape down, we can express it, SINCERELY, because it will be OUR product, and no one elses.

No comments:

Post a Comment