Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Stand By Me

Rehearsal Date: 01/17/15
Orchestra: chamber
Repertoire Rehearsed: well...

So here's what happened.

I like to give myself plenty of time to get to Penn Station to take the train to get to Middletown. For the 12 o'clock train that I have to take, I leave at 10:30am, so I can have a nice relaxed breakfast. I need this because Penn Station is a mess. a chaos, a commuting nightmare, and every second I am there, I get progressively irritated. So I need a nice moment before I plunge into that madness.

I get to Penn Station and got on the train as usual. I scored a good seat and was happy with it. Sfetr Newark Airport, the train stops and the announcement says that there is an Amtrak train that broke down in front of us and that we cannot pass it. So we were stuck there for a while. maybe fifteen, twenty minutes? And because I was on the NJ Transit line, the train crew seemed to be proud that it wasn't one of their trains that got broken down, and there was a bit of arrogance in the air, which I was kind of amused by.

But I definitely was not amused when the train I was on also broke down. That happened just as we got to Aberdeen Matawan. We ended up having have to wait for the next train right there in the cold.

I was wishing I had spent half an hour more in my cozy breakfast place instead of out there in the cold if I was going to be late anyway...

So that's why I was late that day.

Thank you Matt, for instructing them the chord progression. Stand by Me is a great song, and one of the best films ever. You all must watch it!

here's the trailer for the film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gope8wlp2bQ
Maybe we can watch it together one day?

And thank all so much for listening to me playing my new piece. I really needed to do that, and thanks to you, I now know exactly where and what I need to work on both in my composition and in my playing. It is very clear to me now thanks to you!

Again, no rehearsal next week, so I will see you all on the 31st!

No comments:

Post a Comment